Donetsk, Oct 7 – DAN. DPR has sent to the Contact Group's working group on security issues proposals on new disengagement areas in Donbass, said the Republic's envoy to Minsk talks Denis Pushilin.
"An opportunity exists to establish new disengagement areas by the end of the year. Appropriate documents were sent to the working group on security issues. The establishing of the new areas is possible if the guarantors of the Minsk agreements pressure Kiev," he said.
DPR has proposed up to 10 such areas, Pushilin added.
Earlier in the day DPR and Ukrainian units completed the pullback of forces and hardware in Petrovskoye area
Initially the disengagement was scheduled for October 1st but it was postponed due to Ukraine’s fail to start the process. In LPR area of responsibility the disengagement was completed in Zolotoe area, while in Stanitsa Luganskaya pullback was disrupted by Kiev. Another attempt was re-scheduled for October 3rd but Kiev forces could not carry out the disengagement either.
DPR Head Alexander Zakharchenko signed the Agreement on the Disengagement of Forces and Hardware in Donbass on September, 23. Earlier the document was signed by LPR Head Igor Plotnitsky and representatives of OSCE, Russia and Ukraine. The framework agreement covers disengagement of forces and military hardware in three zones: near Petrovskoye in DPR and Zolotoye and Stanitsa Luganskaya in LPR.
According to the document the disengagement should be completed within 30 days in each area of at least 2 km by 2 km. Sides should pull back forces synchronically under OSCE monitors observance. Once the disengagement is complete no servicemen are allowed in the areas except for the Joint Centre for Control and Co-ordination (JCCC) observers.