Donetsk, Jun 8 - DAN. DPR Prosecutor General’s Office instituted criminal proceedings against four Ukrainian army commanders who had issued orders to fire on Yasinovataya and Dokuchayevsk and Starobeshevskiy Districts in 2014 and 2017.
“Investigators filed criminal cases over artillery strikes at civil infrastructure in Dokuchayevsk and Yasinovatskiy and Starobeshevskiy Districts,” the PGO press service reported on Thursday.
The Ukrainian officers under criminal investigation have been identified as 79th airborne assault brigade commander A.Shandara, 30th separate motorised infantry brigade commander A.Garaza, 54th separate motorized infantry brigade commander V.Gorbatyuk and 55th motorised infantry brigade commander S.Brusov.
DPR prosecutors said these persons, aiming to commit acts of terror, issued criminal orders to deliver fire with 122mm and 152mm heavy artillery in August 2014 and March 2017.
“In the course of unlawful actions by the above commanders, 36 properties, a comprehensive school, and a high voltage transmission line of the Dokuchayevsk Flux and Dolomite Works were damaged. Two persons were killed and another five were injured including a small child,” the press service said.
On Wednesday, DPR prosecutors said a criminal case had been opened against 92nd separate motorised infantry brigade commander Viktor Nikolyuk who had ordered to fire at western outskirts of the DPR capital on 4 June evening. A woman was killed and an eight-year-old child was injured in the shelling.*jk