Donetsk, Mar 30 - DAN. The contact line situation in Donbass has dramatically deteriorated ahead of the ceasefire due to come into effect from 1 April, DPR Operations Command deputy commander Eduard Basurin said on Thursday.
“The situation in the Donetsk People’s Republic ahead of the 1 April ceasefire has dramatically deteriorated,” Basursin said, “Ukrainian army shelled 20 settlements with heavy artillery, tank guns, mortars, IVF cannons, anti-aircraft guns, grenade launchers and small arms.”
Ukrainian army concentrated fire on Donetsk axis, in particular on the airport in the north of the city and Petrovskiy district in western Donetsk. Yasinovataya, Mineralnoye and Spartak villages, Dokuchayevsk and its Yasnoye neighbourhood, and Sakhank,a Kominternovo, Oktyabrk, Leninskoye and Sosnovskoye villages in DPR south came under fire as well.
“A DPR militiaman was injured by shelling,” Basurin added.
Updated reports said 18 residential houses had been damaged.
Overall Ukrainian army carried out 70 concentrated strikes along the contact line over the past 24 hours. In Donetsk’s Petrovskiy district, a woman was injured. *jk