Donetsk, Oct 14 – DAN Ukrainian armed forces have broken ceasefire in Donbass and started intense shelling of DPR territory, said the Republic's envoy to Minsk negotiations Denis Pushilin.
"We are forced to report a drastic deterioration of the situation in DPR south. Despite the agreements signed in Minsk, decisions on disengagement of forces and weapons withdrawal, Ukrainian side renewed today its provocations towards DPR," he said.
He reminded that earlier in the day Ukrainian forces attacked DPR troops in Leninskoye village area, south of the Republic. After artillery preparation with 152mm guns enemy’s units up to one company backed with mortar fire launched an offensive in Leninskoye village area.
"Ukrainian side uses tanks, artillery and mortars in the clash. They answer every request to cease fire with thickening it and use the pauses for realignment," Pushilin said. "Escalation was not curbed even by JCCC and OSCE SMM attempts to enforce ceasefire regime."
DPR envoy called the situation "a striking example of Kiev's disregard for signed agreements and assumed obligations".